Thursday 11 July 2013

Stressed but life is easy!

                           
Yesterday I was completely burned out because I had too much activities to do that I didn’t realise when I hit the breaking point of my strength and I broke down in the evening because I couldn’t take it anymore but thank God for an understanding husband that is conversant with my body system. He helped me in tidying up my chores while I went to sleep to recuperate!! (Seriously guys I need the sleep if not………hmmnn….what happened in 1864 will repeat itself! Ha….ha, just joking but I have to sleep).
This morning I feel much better and strong!! Thank you Lord for waking me up this morning with the strength of a lion but guess “what”? I will take life easy. Because my health is very important to God and my family!! I just realised that when I’m burned out, my energy is drained and I find it difficult to even tackle the smallest problems in my life!
I have decided to help myself by following this principles henceforth with the help of God on my side and if you care about your health then enjoy these with me as we ride on managing stress for effective healthy living.
Principle 1 Slow down: You’ve worked too hard and simply adjusting your workload will not stop the burnout. You need to actually take a break—make out time to rest and heal. Yes, it’s hard to walk away from work commitments. But it’s easier than suffering serious depression and mental illness. Money is not everything! A vacation will not hurt you!
Principle 2 Find a friend: Relationships in your life can restore meaning, hope, and relaxation. Don’t let your friends be sucked into the cycle of you burning out. Share your feelings with those you love, and let them help you beat the burnout. Friendship is beautiful!
Principle 3 Think about what matters: You’re likely to get burned out when you forget the reasons for your life and your work. Don’t lose track of your hopes and goals. Hear this!  Burnout is the state of having lost perspective about what really matters in life. Treat your stress by taking some time to make sure that your career and commitments are in line with those goals. Please don’t be a Jack of all trades!
Hear this! The key ingredient of the kingdom of heaven is PEACE. Check out the words of Jesus: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." Jesus invites us to a lasting, real peace, if we choose to abide with Him.
An impression just came to my mind now and I’m willing to share it with love! Chill my friend and take life one step at a time and don’t try to do everything at the same time! Yes that’s the idea. By the way who are we trying to impress! Who cares! Be yourself!
Honestly from now I will be rocking in the boat of E…A….S…..Y and I intend to stay inside this boat for a long time with the Prince of Peace (JESUS) as my Senior Partner!! What about you? Who do you intend to rock your life with? Right now I’m chilling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment