Wednesday 5 June 2013

My Journey to Weight Loss and Gain (Part 1)



                                                    
The story of my weight loss and gain all began in my junior class in high school. I saw a girl from the Northern part of Nigeria looking really beautiful and skinny. You know how it is like to admire someone and really want to be like the person! I told one of my classmates about it and she advised me to cut down my eating habit and only eat once in a day. I began my journey of being skinny and beautiful like the northern chick! LOL.

I skipped meals to a point my mum noticed I was not eating well again and she asked me why? I just told her I didn’t like eating too much again! But one paramount thing about my weight loss adventure was that I was always falling sick. When I got tired of the whole thing, I just decided to seek another opinion from another friend about my weight loss adventure! She looked at me and really laughed at me and I was embarrassed.

She told me the truth though it was bitter to me then!! She said; Justina you can never be like her even if you try. You are simply beautiful in your own way!

The words were so powerful and I regained my self-confidence back again. Even if I didn’t go skinny like the Northern chick, I just completely forgot about weight loss and began to eat normal again.

Then in my senior class in high school, the desire to become fat and look big just completely
consumed me. Why? Because my younger sister was fatter and bigger than me and people normally take her as my senior sister! Gush! It was annoying to me then.

One day, I went to the pharmacist shop to get drugs that will make me fat! I met a matured sales girl and she was fat and pretty! I told her to prescribe drugs that will make me fat like herself (please don’t say “not again”) Lol. She smiled and brought out some Vitamins and wrote the dosage that I will be taking each day. Trust me I quickly paid for them and ran home to immediately start using them so that it will work fast on me! (oh… the heart of a little child is so fragile that they believe anything you tell them).

I was always asking my younger ones if I was getting fat because of the Vitamins I was taking and they will laugh and say you have not changed or if they are in a bad mood and I ask them about my weight they will tell me that it seems as if I’m even getting thinner! I will be very angry with them!

After two weeks of taking the vitamins and I didn’t get fat, I went back to the pharmacist shop and I told the sales girl that I’m not happy because after taking the drugs she prescribed to me, I didn’t get fat!! Because she was far older than me, she just said small girl I will give you a better one that will make you blow up like me. I smiled and said bring it let me see. (Because I was young I didn’t know that the sales girl was just interested in my money) But this time, she brought out a Syrup Vitamin which was different from the one she gave me before that were tablets and assured me that it will work.

Of course you should know that it didn’t work either! At a point I got tired about my weight gain because I was frustrated that it won’t ever work. I derived another strategy by eating for two!! Nothing happened!

One day I was invited for a Teenagers Christian Program on 700 Club close to where I was living and the teenager that was the pastor of the club was so short (very short!!) for emphasise seek please don’t blame me, so that you understand what I mean and imagine the kind of person I’m talking about.

While he was preaching, he said “if you are taller than me, then you are too tall and if you are shorter than me, then you are too short” and he concluded by saying that he was fearfully and wonderfully made by God! Guys, that day marked a turning point in my life!! I just told myself then that great minds are not determined by your height but the depth of your knowledge in the Word of God. Today, the little teenager (pastor) is a pastor of a church with a big congregation.

I was really encouraged and confident in my higher institution days as a student that I didn’t bother myself about my weight! I was just serving God and making a difference in the life of people around me. Even though I was still slim and beautiful I just know that I’m fearfully and wonderfully made by GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment