Tuesday 28 May 2013

Worried About Her Children


Friends, I can’t help but bring this issue to the public domain because lots of mothers are weeping and hiding their broken hearts in a nice Make- up during the day but at night in worries and tears about their children.

Just after last Sunday service, I stayed behind to attend the workers meeting in my church. Before the meeting began I felt like going to ease myself and I did just that! But after easing myself, I walked to the mirror stand to see if my make-up was still intact! (You know how we ladies are particular about our looks) so don’t blame me, I’m just exhibiting the woman nature in me. Just then two elderly ladies walked in and one of them was lamenting that she was tired of her children’s attitudes towards coming to church. They don’t even want to hear the word ‘church’. They just want freedom to be given to them to do whatever they want. Stay at home on Sunday morning and watch TV!!

Oh I saw

the pain in the mothers eyes worried about the future of their kids and asking themselves where they went wrong. I could only say ma; please keep on PRAYING until something happens! Immediately a young lady came out from one of the toilets and told us that she is a living testimony today because she was a concern to her parents. Her own case was that, when they all come to church with the family car, she will pretend as if she was entering the church only for her to follow the other gate and take a taxi to meet her friends! Since she knows when the service will be over, she will come back to the church at that time.

Her mum was always praying for her and suddenly she became very sick. In fact it was a terminal illness because all her intestine became rotten and the doctors just gave her three (3) days to live.

That was when she started seeking for help and mercy from God! We all know that God is Merciful but also a consuming fire, but in her case He was really merciful to her because contrary to the doctors’ reports, she survived after a surgery was performed on her and to prove that it was a true story, she brought out the picture for us to all see. She said today, she preaches and shares about the goodness of God in her life because she made a vow to God that if He gives her another opportunity to live again, she will serve him all the days of her life. While I was standing and listening to this story, I could picture her mum in my heart thanking God for answers to her prayers.

Meanwhile, the elderly women were looking at the young lady in amazement! I could see strength in them and one of them just exclaimed ‘God will visit our children also’ Amen! I echoed.

Don’t forget I had a meeting to attend at that moment but this matter needs heavens attention. All the same, at the end we were all encouraged! I finally attended my service group meeting with my heart in deep thought!

My question in this issue is that must we wait until affliction come before we mend our ways? My opinion is a capital NO! I don’t know about you!

The best time to serve God is when you are young. I remember when I was quite younger and not married then, I was committed to so many activities but today, I’m older with so many responsibilities and can only do few church activities!! Really, I will like to do more but can’t.

Great Mothers are remembered when their kids are achievers but forgotten and mocked when their kids are problematic to the society. We can achieve this by PRAYING for our children at all time so that tomorrow, we don't cry.

 

 

 

 

1 comment: