Monday 10 June 2013

Stop Hating Female Children.


Why do people lay too much emphasis on a male child and prefer to have more of males rather than females. My answer is that they do not have regard for girls. Why not embrace any child at all when million couples are looking for a single child but haven’t one? One word: Shortsightedness
Well I was prompted to write on this topic because it seems that many people do not understand some things about nature and how God operates. They do not understand why God decided to put whatever gender He wanted in a family. They don’t have any idea why God chose to make a family “all girls” or “all boys” or “boys and girls.” Remember no one is wiser than God. Many a time people in my country (and maybe in other countries) attach too much importance to giving birth to a male child than a female child.
For instance; a married couple gave birth to the first issue and it was a female. Then they give birth to another and it was a female again. Expecting to have a male next, they try another and another and another but unfortunately for them, they still remain females. But now they have 6 children and maybe they can now manage to cope with means to survive with them. The family is now 8 in number (father, mother and 6 daughters) and the father receives not too sufficient income to cope and maintain the family, thus problem starts.
And the funny thing may be that people around them (friends and neighbours) have a mixed family of boys and girls. The whole scenario now makes a mockery of their lack of justice for girls. They couldn’t get what they wanted but people close to them could. As a result, blames God for not giving them their heart desire.
I come from the South Eastern part of Nigeria where the male child is treated with much regard while the female child is given less or no attention because the male is the one that bears the family name!!
A friend who happens to be my classmate told me how her husband abandoned her and her children because they were four girls and went to marry another woman. Guess what happened? LOL…the new wife joined the queue and also gave birth to three girls for him! Can you beat that??? The man finally came back home to the first wife asking for forgiveness! The woman accepted him back home (God bless a kind and faithful wife).
My friend is pregnant again and the scan result shows that she will be having twins’ boys and the so called husband pampers her as if this is her first pregnancy!  My question is what did his four female children do?? Why treat them less when you can’t even create a strand of hair. I won’t be surprise if he throws a big party at the naming of the male children whereas other female children got HATE  and REJECTION from him at their arrival.
Friends I’m a proud mother of three wonderful girls and I see greatness in them!! Yip hmnn….you will say no wonder she is writing this article!!! Yes, I will keep writing about girl child issues because I’m a WOMAN! I won’t forget what the scripture says about children irrespective of their sexes that they are GIFTS from GOD!
If I was to pay for a child, forget it I can’t afford the bill but HE freely gave them to me. Just like my friend Binta Gaul will say that Children are the best decoration in a home. 
Please let us stop hating female children!!

No comments:

Post a Comment